This is stuff I found while browsing the net. Check back every Monday for more…
Joke of the Week:
You Know You Grew Up in the 80’s When…
• You know what “Sike” means.
• You were cool if you hung out at the Roller Rink and actually knew how to skate.
• You know the profound meaning of “Wax on, Wax off.”
• You know who Mr. T is.
• You know who Fat Albert is.
• You wore fluorescent, neon clothing.
• You could breakdance, or wish you could.
• Public Service Announcement: [bubbling butter] This is drugs, [crack the egg open and put in frying pan] This is your brain on drugs… ANY QUESTIONS?
• Partying “like it’s 1999” seemed SO far away.
• You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
• You knew that knowing is half the battle.
• You wanted to be on Star Search.
• You remember the garbage pail kids, and owned some.
• You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game system.
• You owned only cassettes.
• You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins, ET, Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, Strawberry Shortcake or A-Team lunch box.
• You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female Smurf.
• You know what leg warmers are and probably had a pair.
• You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.
• You played with Legos.
• You remember when Happy Meals came in a box, not a paper bag.
• You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos.
• You know what a “Push Up” ice cream is.
• You had to come in the house when the street lights came on.
• You had to change into play clothes after school.
• You recorded songs off the radio with your boom box.
• You wish you had a light saber.
• Your arm was full of rubber bracelets.
• You remember the phrase, “Gag me with a spoon.”
• You exercised to ‘Teen Steam’ Alyssa Milano’s VHS workout video.
• You have ever wondered what happened to Saturday morning cartoons.
• You had to get up to change the channel.
• You know the song “I don’t wanna grow up, I’m a toys r us kid…”
• You passed paper notes in class.
• Mobile phones were heavy and it hurt to hold them for extended periods of time.”
Weird Fact of the Week:
Elvis Presley was a natural blonde.
Marilyn Monroe was a natural brunette.
Quote of the Week:
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
%d bloggers like this: