This is stuff I found while browsing the net. Remember to check back EVERY Monday for more…
Joke of the Week:
A man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit jump out across the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the car.
The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulls over and gets out to see what has become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit is dead. The driver feels so awful that he begins to cry.
A beautiful woman driving down the highway sees the man crying on the side of the road and pulls over. She steps out of her car and asks the man what’s wrong.
“I feel terrible,” he explains, “I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it.”
The woman says, “Don’t worry.”
She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can. She walks over to the limp, dead rabbit, bends down, and sprays the contents onto the rabbit. The rabbit jumps up, waves its paw at the two of them and hops off down the road.
Ten feet away the rabbit stops, turns around and waves again, he hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves, hops another ten feet, turns and waves, and repeats this again and again and again, until he hops out of sight.
The astonished man runs over to the woman and demands, “What is in that can? What did you spray on that rabbit!?”
The woman turns the can around so that the man can read the label:
Hair Spray — Restores life to dead hair, and adds permanent wave.
Weird Fact of the Week:
• The golf term “Ace” means “hole in one!”
• Honey is sometimes used in the center of golf balls.
• The chances of making two holes-in-one in a round of golf are one in 67 million.
• Alan Shepard brought two golf balls on Apollo 14, which he hit on February 6, 1971.
• There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball. The primary function of dimples is to provide lift. As the ball spins off the club, the tiny cups trap air in such a way that the air moves more quickly over the top of the ball than around the bottom, causing the ball to rise. This aerodynamic principle is the same as the one that causes airplanes to lift off the ground.
Quote of the Week:
“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank